Menlo Park was ranked the 19th Best Place to Raise a Family in California. The study was conducted by WalletHub who compared 240 California cities. To compare the California cities, the analysts used 21 key metrics under four main categories.
Family Life in Menlo Park Rankings (1=Best, 120=Average):
78th in Family Life & Fun
- 25th in Average Commute Time
29th in Education, Health & Safety
- 10th in Percentage of Children Aged 0 to 17 Lacking Health-Insurance Coverage
59th in Affordability
- 22nd in General Affordability
18th in Socioeconomic Environment
- 50th in Separation & Divorce Rate
- 11th in Percentage of Two-Parent Families
- 18th in Percentage of Families Living Below Poverty Level
- 3rd in Unemployment Rate
You can read more about the study here.